Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Header as Page Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrosier

Instructor
Mar 17, 2000
US
I have a report which has several groupings.
Header 1A - I want to print only on the first page of the group.
Header 1B - I want to print on the first page of the group AND on the remainder pages of the group.
Header 2 - print once on each change.

I have been attempting formulas in the Suppress(No Drill-Down) field, but have yet to come across the right combination.

I am also open to having a second page header - but again would need to know how to supress the header on the first page of the group.

I hope I explained myself clearly.

Dawn

For your first group, use the onfirstrecord function.
For your second group, ensure that you have the option in the Change Group menu (right click on the group name) to repeat the header on each new page turned on.
Your third group should print a new group heading on each change of Group2 anyway.

Naith

Thanks that worked great! For those of you who might be interested - here is the code I used.

if OnFirstRecord then false else true

OOPs! I spoke too soon!

The report now shows the information I want on the First Page of the Report - ONLY.

I need the header information at the group level. Is there a OnFirstRecord of the Group formula?

Thanks.
Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back