Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group data from excel query - Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffm777

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2009
US
I have a spreadsheet that shows sales information for the 3rd quarter of 2012. Each row of data shows a customer number, customer name, address, city, state zip, and sales total for each invoice. What I need to do is group this data by customer number and show the total sales for each customer. I can do this in a pivot table but I need to retain the customer information in each row of data so I can print address labels. We want to send Christmas cards to our 100 best customers.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to avoid building a Crystal Report if at all possible.

Sort it by customer number and use Subtotal feature of Excel (Under Data Tab). Compress the details. Select all. Under Find and Select choose GoTO Special (Home Tab). Choose Visible Cells Only. Copy. Paste in a blank area or blank spreadsheet.

Avoid Hangovers. Stay drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back