Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Call Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie001

MIS
Sep 30, 2004
US
1. When initiator of a Group Call hangs up the phone, the call is over for all users. How can you program the Group Call feature to not end if the initiator hangs up?

2. We only have one group configured for the Group Call feature, Group 00.
When you initiate a Group Call, the displays on the phones show -00.
Is there anyway I can change this? What load/commands do I use?

Thanks,
Bernie

1 is no
2 is no

the chair of the groupcall has supervision control, he should be able to transfer that control to an idle station.. but if he disconnects the call is torn down. in 95 you can add station names and dig names but group call can not be added to that list.. for some reason that feature is seldom used.. we use a conf bridge for the same purpose because that allows users off campus to join the conf

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I remember our vendor said we had a Conference Bridge but I'm not sure how to verfiy.

Can you help?

Nortel Option 11c

We can make conference calls from our phones if that requires a Conference Bridge?

no a conf bridge allows users to dial a dn, enter a password and be added in to a conf call.. all users in telcom here know that monday morning 9 o'clock to dial 7777, then the password then say there name.. when the chair calls in, all users are anounced by name and added to the call.. for a standard conf, one phone calls each station one at a time.. for this type up to 32 people can call the same number and be on the bridge

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

No, I don't think we have that feature.

Thanks for the information John,

Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back