Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Calendar Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2003
US
Hi,

We are using R6.5 client and I have created a group calender with Resources & rooms to check their availability.

However when i try to see the details of a particualr entry it gives me an erro saying "Unable to open users mail database". This error comes when we have specified "local" as my mail file location in location document.

However if I specify "Server" as my mail file location in location document, all works fine.

Can anyone advise....what to do if users are advised to use their local replcia and have set up their locations according to local replcia settings...

All suggestions are welcome !!!!

Thanks,

Notes is working as intended. When your location is "Local", you are telling Notes that it does not have a network, therefor all network-based files are not accessible (even if you are connected to the network).

This is not a bug. When in the office, the location should be "Office". It is not required to go to the "Local" location to replicate.

Pascal.

Hi pascal,

Even if mail file location is set to "local", we can connect to Domino servers...and can replicate..This is how users with slow WAN connection to servers are advisd to use Lotus Notes.....

That means that your "Local" has been configured with network connections. Not a problem, but it does not change the scenario.
You are still not working on the server, you can just replicate with it.
That means that, when you ask for someone else's calendar, your client searches for it on your local disk - where it can obviously not find it.
Only by working on the server can you correctly access other people's calendar data.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back