Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group and DND

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianCosta

Systems Engineer
Oct 25, 2018
JO
Hello.

I have IPO 11.1.2.3,
I have Managers who have 3 Phones 100,101,102, all are DND with expectation list, and all these phones are on group number 110.
when calling group 110 from DN on the expectation list it does not phone ringing because it's DND, how can we accomplish this?

1st off why are a!l group members on dnd? This is a classic business was operation failure not spend failure

I'm not sure you will be able to achieve this easily, it is going to need lots of sneaky programming
Try a phantom user set to forward by t group calls to the user you want to get these calls
This only works with sequential &rotary groups so if you make. Group is collective you will need to add a new sequential group as an overflow group.

Be aware that cheats like this are not totally robust & may cause issues, far better to ensure you Lways have at least one person available

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

have you tried putting the group in the exception list?

Unlikely that it will work but maybe the calls are seen as originating from the group.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

You could try using the MADN feature with a common phantom user included in the Hunt Group, I think it works 'cause the DND settings are applied to the real users and not to the phantom one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back