Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ground start trunks causing ports to permanently stay busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

justiceo

Programmer
Feb 12, 2003
US
I have an Option 11c Rls 23 with a Universal Trunk card with 8 ports (until we get our T-1). Originally the person who ordered the phone lines for the company (I am a consultant) didn't tell them they needed PBX lines so all of the trunks were loop start. Well this caused many problems with disconnect supervision (or lack thereof) and I had the phone company switch them to ground start. Once the switch to ground start happened (earlier today) users could not make outbound calls with the SIGL LOP setting on the trunk card. When I would dial the ACOD it would pick up a trunk let it go then pick up the next one in series and not stop. Needless to say they couldn't make outgoing calls. However, when I switched to SIGL GRD they get a busy signal because all of the trunk ports are permanently busy. I can get inbound calls fine but when I LD 32 STAT it shows that all ports are busy even when there is no one on it. Right now I have a stop gap solution in place using ALS trunk type for half of the trunks. Unfortunately this divides the inbound and outbound trunks and we are short on trunks as it is. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is? Below is a printout of the TRK and RDB for this trunk group.

//TRK

DES COT
TN 16 0 00 00
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
FWTM NO
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
AUTO_BIMP YES
NCOS 0
RTMB 2 1
ATDN 7900
SIGL GRD
SUPN YES
STYP PSP
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD P10 NTC LOL
TKID XXXXXXX

//RDB
TYPE RDB
CUST 0
DMOD
ROUT 2
DES COT
TKTP COT
PRIV NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO YES
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH RRB
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 2
CPP NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS 0
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 4096
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 1792
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
CRD 512
TFD 0
LEXT 100
SST 3 0
NEDC ETH
FEDC ETH
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS YES
MRT 3
MR RVB (I have tried NO as well)
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

I am getting error TRK156 16 0 00 00 - "Release failure on outgoing CO trunk. Disconnect supervision timer (DSI) was exceeded. Refer to "Trunk Failures" section.

Thanks in advance
Justice

I would change SRCH RRB to LIN this would be a start, then to directly address the issue increase the DSI timer from 34944 witch is the default.

Seeing as you posted in 2 Forums and you don't seem to be getting any answers that work, I would out each TN and rebuild them as new GRD and see if that works.

PS when building them and you don't know how to answer a prompt or why, just use the default.

PSS If everything still doesn't work, try an INI sometimes the switch just gets a brain fart.

check polarity,,ie tip and ring ...program maint set with cls mta log in with spree code followed by 91 enter ld 36 and see if you can draw dial tone if not go to d-mark with butt set and trip dial tone by grounding tip side if no dt report to dial tone provider if dial tone at d-mark check wiring \ port

I don't know if you are on-site and have the capability of having this tested, but I would suggest making sure that the lines are actually programmed correctly to ground start. We have had many problems like this when the telco still has programming issues and the lines are not configured correctly.

Thanks for all the great responses. I found out that the phone company didn't do their job properly. Big suprise ;). Anyway once they actually switched the trunks to ground start from loop start everything started working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back