Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groovy and Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshtray

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2002
US
The company I work for has asked me to pick up Groovy as a language. My programming in the past has been limited to C++ and Pascal, back in the High School and College days. Now from what I have read, Groovy is an off-shoot of java, which would mean I would need to pick up Java first in order to even think about Groovy?

Is this correct? I think my Manager does not entirely understand that I cannot just pick-up Groovy that easily .. especially since I do not know Java.

Anyone here had any experience with Groovy who can give me an idea of what I am getting into? Can I learn Groovy without knowing Java at all?

They have offered to pay for classes if the need be, but I just want to get some facts about Groovy before I do anything else.

Thanks.

-Akshay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back