Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gridview rendering in Firefox , width issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbo2

Technical User
Jul 14, 2006
GB
Hi All,
I am trying to create a gidview but I am having a right nightmare trying to get it to display in firefox as it does in IE (or similar).

I've been trying to replace a table in an HTML document with a gridview but I'm finding that the gridview is retstrictive and unpredictable with respect to styling.

The main issue I have is that in edit mode, my column widths are ignored. This is the markup for one of the troublesome columns.

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="ID" InsertVisible="False" SortExpression="job_id">
<HeaderStyle Font-Names="Verdana" ForeColor="Black" Width="40px" />
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="LabID" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" ForeColor="Black" Width="35px" Text='<%# Bind("job_id") %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterStyle Font-Names="Verdana" ForeColor="Black" Width="35px" />
</asp:TemplateField>

As you can see I've tried putting the column width in every location possible but FF just ignores it and shrinks to the width of the column title text.

My alternative thought is to have the table in normal HTML and just drop textboxes and labels into the relevant places - is this normal practice?

thanks
C

forum855

This forum is "Classic" ASP

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
I am Tedward Keyboardhands!!!
You are a amateur developer until you realize all your code sucks.
Jeff Atwood[/sub]

sorry!
I've melted my brain today
sorry again
c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back