Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GridView confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

projecttoday

Programmer
Feb 28, 2004
US
I'm confused as to the relationship between a grid view and the data displayed in it and I have just screwed up a grid view so that it is not working.

I am using a grid view program generated by the vb form wizard. It was working okay. When I look at the form itself it has 2 columns even though the display has 9 columns. No problem as long as it works. I have done some manipulation of the SQL. But basically the list is working.

But some of the columns are too wide. So I go into "Custom" in the properties and change the width of column 1 (there are 2 columns, column 0 and column 1) just to see what will happen and boom! the list doesn't work at all anymore.

My book explains a grid view program that comes with the book. It doesn't explain how grid views work. Can anyone help me restore my data into the grid view list and control the size of the columns?

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back