Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gridview CommandField using imageURL

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendas

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
Seems like the gridview lets you choose between a button that reads "Edit" (or whatever text you want) or appling an image that depicts Edit.

But when I try to alter to ImageURL, it doesn't seem to work, I have tried clearing the text field, I have gone to the html code, and took out the info for EditText = "Edit" leaving only the EditimageURL in the code.. It still reads edit.

I tried surfing the internet and got little on it and most of that in japanese or chinese characters(literally).

Is there another Property field to tell it to use the image I need to turn on? Am I misunderstanding what EditimageURL is for?

Thanks

use a template field instead of the commandfield. then use a link button with the image url property set. set the link button's command name and command argument to the appropiate values. then define the Command Event for the grid. (note, you don't need to set the link button's click, or command event, just the grid's)

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Thanks,

But fiddling around with your idea, gave me the answer. I think the solution it was so easy, you didn't see what I was asking. All I needed to do was make the command button, not be a link or a button, but an image.. Then the imageurl worked just fine..

Just something not covered in the books I'm reading, and I guessed right about the imageurl, I just didn't know there was another setup field needing changing for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back