Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grids and pageframes and editing information

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlon

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
US
I have a 2 page pageframe. On the first page is a grid that is tied to the VEHMAST table in the DSD database. This grid shows all of the current inventory entered. The 2nd page has all of the little details such as price, cost, vehicle location, options, etc. I used to have it so that when you clicked anywhere on a record in the grid, then switched to the 2nd page, all of the textboxes would have the information from that specific record in the grid. However, when I went to save this form yesterday at the end of the day when I exited Foxpro, I got a "Fatal exception at xxxxxxxxxxxxx" error message. When I opened up the project I was workin on today, the form I was working on is completely gone so now I am starting over from scratch.

Right now, I can't seem to get the same functionality that I had before when switching between the 2 pageframes. I remember when I did it the first time it was an extremely simple line of code, but now for the life of my I can't find the post that I made the first time nor the line of code that I used. If someone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

OK, nevermind I finally got the code in the right place. For anyone else that was wondering how to do this, simply put This.refresh in the Activate event of the page that you want to display the information on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back