Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid Disapears with Form Resize

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlyn

Programmer
Sep 3, 2003
US
Hi,

Using VFPA on Win11Pro I have a form with a grid that is pushed off into the corner (out of the way) with it's visible property set to .F. I have a button that toggles its show/hide. It's show sets the grids top=10, left=10 and visible = .T. properties and it shows where needed. Its anchor is set to 15. The hide toggle sets it's visible to .F. again.

As soon as you start to resize the form, the grid disappears. I know its visible state is still true because I have to press the show button twice. The first click would make it hide and the 2nd click would show it again. It takes 2 clicks to show it again and as soon as a form resize is attempted, the grid disappears again.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Stanley

My guess is that the problem lies with the Anchor property. The usual advice is to set it to zero immediately before you change the location or size of the object, and to set it back to its previous setting (15 in this case) afterwards.

I'm not completely sure that this will solve your poblem, but it would be easy to try.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Thanks Mike,

Issue solved... You nailed it...

Thanks again,
Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back