Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid control events not firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

greywalk

Programmer
Apr 12, 2002
US
Has anyone ever encountered a situation where the grid control events do not fire?

On my computer the events fire. On another developer's computer the events do not fire.

I placed a set step on in the valid event of the text box for column 7. On my computer it fires. On his computer it does not fire. No other changes were made.

Suggestions?

Paul Dancing is easy. Now dancing on a floating raft in the middle of an October storm in the middle of the North Atlantic, that is hard.

At the risk of being too basic, is it a compiled .exe or are you just running a form? If it is an .exe it of course won't do a set step on.
Dave S.
[cheers]

Dave,

That would be so easy. Unfortunately it is not compiled into exe. If so the message would come back feature not available.

Still puzzling over it.
Dancing is easy. Now dancing on a floating raft in the middle of an October storm in the middle of the North Atlantic, that is hard.

By chance are you rebuilding the data source on the other pc? Like running a query for the grid. What I'm thinking is maybe a query returning no records, or resetting the control source may lose the defined events. Or are you doing something like:

ThisForm.Grid1.ControlSource = ''
SELECT ...... INTO CURSOR TmpCursor
ThisForm.Grid1.ControlSource = 'TmpCursor'
Dave S.
[cheers]

Sorry to take so long Dave.

No I am not building the cursor on th other PC. However if I understand your comment correctly...

"resetting the control source may lose the defined events." I think that might be part of it. However the code is in the event for the object in the grid and that is not firing.

Thanks Paul Dancing is easy. Now dancing on a floating raft in the middle of an October storm in the middle of the North Atlantic, that is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back