Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greyscale images disappearing in template

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogParty

Instructor
Jul 26, 2007
US
Got pulled over to a computer today and was asked to resolve an issue I hadn't seen before. I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever run across this scenario in Quark 7.01 (or any other version).

User creates document, jumps to A-Master A and creates Master layout. The items on the master page include a text box, a couple empty image boxs, and one large (8.5"X9")image box the contains a CMYK JPG image.

Next B-Master B is created, the user selects-all with Item Tool, copies, switches to B-Master B, and pastes all items (text box, two empty image boxes, and larger pict box with CMYK image in it). Next user selects the larger pict box using the Item took, then gets-image, selects the greyscale version of the picture used in Master A, and hits OK.

The problem is that, 8 out of 10 times, the image box fills with a solid black image, not the greyscale image. Printing this document also produces a solid black image placed in that box.

I have done the "edit original" move and the real image opens in PShop. I've printed the PShop image and there is nothing wrong with it. There does not seem to be anything wrong with the image (either CMYK or Greyscale versions). There is also nothing wrong if we reverse the order and place the Greyscale image first, then copy the Items to another Master and replace the Greyscale with the CMYK version. No problem. It only happens if we replace the CMYK with the Greyscale.

Anyone ever run into this before? Can anyone duplicate?

Thanks for any input.

What happens when you create a box then place the greyscale image into it instead of replacing the CMYK one???

Also, after you get the black box, do a "Save as" then close ...Does it come good when reopened????

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back