Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greyed out redirection field in MSO877

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankniko

Technical User
Nov 29, 2001
AU
Has anyone come across the situation where you go into MSO877 for a purchase req as ADMIN to do a redirection of an unauthorised req ... and the redirection box is greyed out?

Hi Frankniko,

I have seen this problem recently. Can't figure it out either so have gone to Mincom.

bernief

The situations when field "redirect" is protected are coded in MSO877.CBL, under MSM877A-GRP-ATTRIBUTES SECTION -search for "protect". Below is my reading of the code:

(a) Transaction type is 'spaces' or transaction has been deleted (I would think this indicates some unusual situation, eg someone deleted the source record eg a purchase requisition on msf230, while it is still queued on MSF877 for authorisation)

(b) transaction type is other than 'work order' and Authorisation Reason is 'spaces', ie: you cannot redirect a transaction unless a reason is specified (given that transaction is other than a work order)

(c) a reason is recorded, and:
- msf877 authorisation reason is '04' = 'loan requested', or:
- msf877 authorisation status is 'N', or:
- transaction was declared 'read-only' by this program because it failed various validation tests (see below)

(d) transaction type is 'work order' and transaction was declared 'read-only' by this program because it failed various validation tests, see below:

If your transaction is in one of the 'read-only' situations above, we need to check further the source code as it may denote several reasons for some error in the records.

Hi FrankNiko,

The answer is to run MSH87CA, which corrects the MSF230 authorisation record.

I think you'll find that the redirect field will work after that.

cheers
Margat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back