Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grey Wall in Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBall

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2001
GB
When I start internet explorer the screen is completely grey. I can see all toolbars etc but the browser window is covered. When I right click the grey wall type thing I get the option to close when I click close the screen goes back to normal! What is happening, it is very bizarre?

Jay,

That is an interesting problem. I was thinking that it may be a problem with a cgi script that is running on the website that is set as your default. I would suggest changing your start page to something like msn.com or yahoo.com and see if that corrects the problem. If it does then you know it was something on your start page.

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

If you feel a post has been helpful to you, click on the link at the bottom of their post to cast a vote for "TipMaster Of The Week". You don't need to be the one who asked the question to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back