Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grey background in Powerpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgriens

Technical User
Jan 12, 2004
GB
Last week I changed my PC's configuration. All MS Office applications went into some mode of "limited functionality" where you can only view documents and not save them or change them. Also, the background of all slides in Powerpoint went grey/colourless.

After re-running part of the Office install program, the limited functionality of Office was solved, and I can change documents again. However, the background of all Powerpoint slides is stil grey. And I cannot use any colours either in any slide.

Changing the background colour in the Master Slide does not work. It "changes" the colour, but it just does not show on my screen.
Strangly, it DOES show colour when I choose the mode of showing multiple slides per page or the full screen presentation.

Any tips?

Preliminarily it sounds as if the installation of Powerpoint is corrupt (probably a bad dll).

Try opening Control Panel from Start-Settings. Find Add/Delete programs, then find MS Powerpoint in the list. You should be able to Repair the program from this option. (It may ask for the installation disk, so be prepared.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back