Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greetings, I have a Roles and Re

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpstrzoch

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
US
Greetings,

I have a Roles and Responsibilities manual that is in PDF format. I want to add a button on each page to assist the reader in navigating throughout the document. Often times I provide a link to navigate to a specific page but when the reader lands on that destination, I want them to be able to return to the original place they started. Nuance Power PDF Advanced as well as Adobe Acrobat both have the ability to add navigation buttons and also the abilty to execute a Java Script. I've tried using "app.Goback()", but when the button is added in Nuance yet opened and Acrobat, the Java Script is not honored.

Is there a Java Script that may be specific to Adobe and or Nuance that can be contained in a single Java script entry yet honored individually for each application when the PDF is opened independently by each?

Thank you for your time!

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back