Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greetings change 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2006
KW
Hi,
We have a BCM 350 with call pilot. Calls to our pilot number, hit the auto-attendant and after the greetings, when we dial 0 for operator, it rings at the reception. if the receptionist does not answer in 4 rings a greeting is played. we want to change this greeting, and i cannot find the location.
Where do i go to change this greeting?
Appreciate any help. Thanks.

That is a mailbox greeting, change it like you would with all the other users mailboxes.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks Curly,
I've logged into the reception extension mailbox, but there are no recording's under primary and internal greetings.

Maybe reception has either their own mailbox behind their phone or no mailbox period.

General is is MB 100 (or 1000)
Feature 981
OTHER
100&passwordtogether
OK

-When you look in F983 see what the Ext:XXX is under MB 100

-Do the lines ring at any other ext/s?

-Do you get the same greeting when you dial receptions DN (221?) instead of 0?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi curly,
When i try F983, from my softphone, i get Log: and if i enter 1000 here, i get a prompt for the password. is this the general maibox? can i reset this from the call pilot manager? what would the default password be after reset?
I can see under the callpilot mailbox administration that general mailbox is 1000.

No, i get the user's personal greeting when i dial the extension directly. but dialing 0, lands at the greeting that i want removed.

Sorry, my mistake, calling the extension directly also, goes to the greeting if unanswered that i want removed.
We have two ranges of extensioin, 1xxx, and 2xxx.
External callers: (scenario 1):
• When a caller, dials a direct line of an employee; if the call is not answered, the caller is given the option to select (0) to reach an operator.
• When a caller dials and If the receptionist is busy on another call, the same auto reply as above happens.

Internal callers: (scenario 2):
• If an employee from a (1) dials (1777) (if there is no answer, (0) voice recording is activated)
• If an employee from a (1) dials (0) () (if there is no answer, (0) voice recording is activated)
• If an employee from a (2) dials (1777) (if there is no answer, they get the correct switchboard voice recording)
• If an employee from a (2) dials (0) this function is not available

F983 is Admin programming via phone, but if using CP manager then same thing.
If the General Mailbox is told Ext:1000 then you need to enter that mailboxes programming as I said above.....exactly as written.

Who is checking these messages/mailbox daily?

You can do F980 1000 to leave a message in the Gen Del mailbox, when you do that you will hear the greeting.
If the greeting of 1000 is not the one you have been hearing then try another mailbox DN.

Are you sure it's a mailbox greeting(where you can leave a message?)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi Curly,
Thanks, it was a greeting on the reception extension. I've asked them to re-record as required.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back