Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greetings all! Purchased 32 Nors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael OConnor

Programmer
Sep 26, 2017
US
Greetings all!

Purchased 32 Norstar telephones on eBay. The KSU was advertised with a software version of 7.1. The phones I received are T7316's not T7316e's. Therefore Line 1 starts on the 4th button down. This would be like getting a brand new car with old tires. I would like line 1 to start at the 1st position, but I can't even move the line with F*81. Telephonesystemsandmore, the guy I purchased the phones from, is saying that I have the wrong version of software for the MICS. I didn't think that the software version had anything to do with Line 1 showing up in position 1 or 4 on the telephone. I'm using my own KSU; the version I have is MICS-DR4. Is there any way of visually identifying the difference between a T7316 and a T7316e? When did the first T7316e's come out.

Thanks!

Best,
Mike

Have you tried Feature *0 to find out what features were assigned to the first 3 keys?. It maybe that the first 3 keys have other line features which will need to be unassigned first.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

" I didn't think that the software version had anything to do with Line 1 showing up in position 1 or 4 on the telephone"

It's a bit of both...the set an/or the software.

T7316's will simulated the bottom 10 keys on an M7310, they will remain that way regardless of which software is used.
The MSG red light or special display icons are not available on this model either.
We simply do not use them anymore except for those on old software levels that do not want to upgrade.

T7316e's will have the lines moved up 3 buttons (line 1 to the top of the 8 buttons) but you require 6.1 or up for:
-the lines to move up
-Handsfree button is standalone at the bottom
-for the red light message waiting indicator to light up
-for special icons to show up on the the vertical display such as when an Autodial key is programmed and that set is in DND mode or Call Forwarded etc.

Do any testing also on the 7.1 KSU.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks all for writing!

I think the issue is that I'm running DR4. I'll be purchasing v7.1 and I'm sure that everything will work out fine. Visually... is the difference between the 16's and the 16e's the middle speaker button at the bottom?

Thanks again!

Best,
Mike

I did a F*1 - Button - Hold on the first 3 buttons and it still did the same thing. V7.1 should be here in a couple of days; I'm hoping that will rectify all the issues.

Thanks!

Best,
Mike

"I think the issue is that I'm running DR4"
No...I do not think you have seen my reply above, it explains in detail how it works.

"The KSU was advertised with a software version of 7.1"
Are saying you already purchased (separately) it but are awaiting delivery still?

I dint exactly answer these two:
"Is there any way of visually identifying the difference between a T7316 and a T7316e?"
Yes you are correct, the speaker button, also underneath on the back of the phone it says the model name but also the part number (NT8B...)

"When did the first T7316e's come out"
Around 2004, Same time as 6.1 software.

You can test both phones on that KSU with the 7.1 and will see that the T7316 will still act like the M7310.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

The install I'm working on is for a Church/School Campus. Initially I had v7.1 in the MICS designated for the Church, but just before the Church another client was having issues and I swapped out my v7.1 with the client MICS which was DR4. I went ahead with the install at the Church/School thinking that the software was v7.1 because I forgot about the swap. So... I'm purchasing the v7.1 and it should be here in a few days and that should clear up the phone issues. The real nightmare is the wiring here. For the most part it was accomplished by good-intentioned volunteers. The telephone system is on an old computer running XP with two break-out blocks. There is no documention on where the underground pipes go, I'm finding split pairs, the Valcom PA uses up two pairs on a 4 pair cable and is daisy-chained to all the rooms. I was finally able to convince the powers to be that each building/IDF should have its own 12-pair direct burial feeder cable; so now its hammer-down to get the feeders to the buildings. Once that is accomplished I'll be on easy street. I can use 11 and 12 for the PA.
Old_MDF_Backboard_nxxt3i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back