Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GREAT PLAINS DYAMICS & CRYSTAL REPORTS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate27

Programmer
Aug 18, 1999
CA
My question is in regards to Great Plain Dynamics & use of CR for A/R aged TB reporting.<br>
<br>
I have certain items that we invoice that I do not want included in the O/S totals of each invoice that is displayed in the report.<br>
<br>
i.e. Total for invoice may be $3,000 but I have 2 of 15 items for $1,250 that I do not want their amounts included for the purpose of this report. I only want to display the remaining $1,750<br>
<br>
Currently:<br>
Customer X Inv#888 Amount $3000<br>
<br>
Like to see:<br>
Customer X Inv#888 Amount $1750<br>
<br>
Any help would be appreciated,<br>
Nathan<br>
<br>
can also contact me directly at angelozzi-enterprises@home.com<br>

Nathan,<br>
<br>
That's a bit skimpy to start on, but we can try. Do the amounts that you wish to exclude have any commonality?<br>
<br>
For instance, do the items have a fixed price that you can reference, or perhaps a particular stock code, or unit measure?<br>
<br>
If so, you can select by excluding, e.g.<br>
(<br>
{database.field}&lt;&gt;'some criteria'<br>
or<br>
{database.field}&lt;&gt;'some other criteria'<br>
)<br>
<br>
Or, is there some data commonality or a date range that can be used? <br>
<br>
Also, are you excluding the same things from every invoice, or just selected [different] items from different invoices?<br>
<br>
Try fleshing out your request a bit more.<br>
<br>
Make a good day . . .<br>
. . . barn<br>

For instance, do the items have a fixed price that you can reference, or perhaps a particular stock code, or unit measure?<br>
<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;Yes they do, I use the item description {SOP30200.ITMDESC} as the filter for another report where I reprint invoice information that splits all the other invoiced items from this particular group.<br>
<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;I can't seem to get the same ideas to work for the Aged A/R Trial Balance though I continue to mix & match tables to come up with the correct one.<br>
<br>
Also, are you excluding the same things from every invoice, or just selected [different] items from different invoices?<br>
<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;This report would be used to include or exclude the same items each time. My next project after this second one will be to bring out only the invoices paid during a month that have a particular group of products in the invoice too. Should be interesting.<br>
<br>
Thanks for your time.<br>
Nathan<br>
<br>
Try fleshing out your request a bit more.<br>
<br>
Make a good day . . .<br>
. . . barn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor