Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Great Plains 9 Install Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

stretcher012599

Programmer
Nov 26, 2005
US
I have a Windows 2000 Server with SQL server 2000 with all service packs installed. I had Great Plains 8.0 installed on the server. I upgraded to 9.0 and had a few errors. I decided to uninstall both Greatplains 8.0 and 9.0 using the add/remove program from control panel. I created a new instance of SQL server for the new install of Great Plains. I copied the CD to the local hard drive cause the CD drive on the server is not working. When I click on the setup.exe it starts the installer which is version 3.1, and it begins to build the package in the temp folder. after about a minute I get an error that pops up saying: The specified instance name is invalid. I then uninstalled the new instance of SQL server using the add/remove program in control panel and tried the install again. Still I received the same error message. Has anyone encountered this type of error before? I even went into the regedit and remove all keys containing dynamics, great plains that the uninstall did not remove. Any help would be appreciated. Also I have an open case with Microsoft Business Solutions (which have not come up with the solution as of yet)

Did you find a solution to this. I have just run into a similar situation with a Dynamics 9.0 install

I believe you're supposed to use
cdsetup not setup.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back