Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Great Intermediate and Beginner Access Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt6350a

Programmer
Feb 10, 2003
US
I need to order a great how to book on MS Acess at a beginner and intermediate level. Please offer suggestions and if possible why you think the tile is so good.

Thanks!!!!!

Alison Balter's Mastering Access 2002 Desktop Development is an Excellent book. I also bought her second book Mastering Access 2002 Enterprise Development, which continues where the other left off. If you haven't done anything with Access, you may want to start with Access 2002 for Dummies. But these two books have a very broad area of information. They are a good reference too, since you can search the index and go right where you need, to learn. If it's not in there, it at least gives you a good start, so you know where to look on this site.

Balter also does Access training videos and CDs for Keystone Learning. These are more expensive than a book, but like having a private tutor.

Roz

I found Cary Prague and Michael Irwin's book Access 2002 Bible very useful, especially at the beginner to intermediate level. They also include the book in PDF format on CD-ROM (with the book) and lots of actual examples illustrating the book -- a definite plus. The Access 2002 for Dummies book is very basic (as designed), but it does not take you as far as the Access 2002 Bible.

Tom Badgett did a 3 CD rom course for LearnKey several years ago. You may be able to get it at a discount price, now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back