Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

great difference in report execution time versus query execution time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanja

MIS
Sep 10, 2001
BE
Hello ,

Is there an option/setting/??? that i can change in order to get the report execution time more or less equal on the query execution time ?
I'm using sql server 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers Version 9.00.2047.00
I'm having now great differences fe query exec.time 1min , report exec. time 3min.

Any help would be grate.
tx
regards
Stanja

Have you looked at the execution log table? How long does it take to render the report?

There are 3 columns to look at in the ExecutionLog table.

TimeDataRetrieval is the amount of time spent running the datasources for your report. TimeProcessing is the time spent processing the report. TimeRendering is the time spent generating the output format that you requested (for example, HTML).

Note that these are not necessarily additive to the total time required to run the whole report because some activities -- such as timeprocessing and timedataretrieval can actually be interleaved.

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Paul ,

tx for the info but is the time stated in the columns in msec or ???

tx
stanja

Yes they are in ms.

Here is the query I use

Select * from ExecutionLog with (nolock) order by TimeStart DESC

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back