Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grass Roots Forward Effort... Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjwilson12379

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2003
Hello,
I have worked with too many customers as well as many of you regarding the fact that the 'forward unconditional' does not forward unconditionally as it sounds. We always have problems with our offices that are made up of folks who are in/out all the time. If we set the timeout to 4 rings or so, they are happy when in the office. When they forward, however, and the callers cell does not pickup within the allotted time, the call goes back to VM Pro. They hate this. SO we increase the timeout to, say, 50 seconds. WHich is great when they are out of the office, but not when forwarding is turned off. We have put extra buttons on the phone to increase the time and then another to put it back to normal, but this is far from a good solution.

We hoped that 3.2 might fix this, but of course not. Looking to get a string together of others who would like to see Avaya make this an option that works as it says, and not like a broken follow-me.

So, if you are interested, please let me know. Also sending this to our customer base who want this feature to work as well.

Thanks

I agree with you 100%. I also have many customers that are experiencing the same trouble with the "forward unconditional". I have been able to design some work arounds as you have, but it is not the best way of handling it and not very customer friendly.

I was hoping as well that the next upgrade (3.2) would provide a solution to this problem but this is not the case and from what I understand it is something that will most likely not be changed unless Avaya hears from enough people about it.

You have my support as well as my customers in this effort to see this changed to a true forward unconditional or at least be able to disable the Allocated Answer Interval so the forwarded calls will not return to the voicemail pro if the time runs out.

Amen! I have had numerous complaints from customers stating that they have their phones forwarded, yet come into the office and have voicemails on the office phone, which should have been on their cell phones. I too, have had to increase the timeout value to 45+ seconds in order for "unconditional" forwarding to work. Although 3.2 has fixed other minor/major issues, this is not one of them. Please Avaya, listen to your customers!

this has been escalated many times, I have done it myself twice. My Avaya area rep knows and has known for some time. While I agree and support this effort, I might make a suggestion, especially for our "customer/end users" friends on this board.

User Groups

The national Avaya users group has a traditional strong voice for change within Avaya. I have had many opportunities to see this at work and changes have come from pressure given by the national group. While they may be geared more for the "larger" installed customer base, nothing says IPOffice customers/users can't join and make their voices heard too.

I remember when this did work as designed... it used to be:

- FollowMeTo would take the call back if there was no answer to the FollowMeTo number
- Forward Unconditional would forward the number and keep it forwarded.

When I first reported it, I was told it is a new "feature" that both worked like FollowMeTo.

I have had many customer complain about this also. I would like to see a user's voicemail be automatically ticked OFF when they have FWD Unconditional ON and then be ticked back ON when they are in the office and have deactivated the FWD UNCOND. The Follow Me then could be used to fwd to the cell phone if the user would like the unanswered calls to revert back to VM PRO box.

dphoneguy24

I have the exact opposite problem. If I set Forward Unconditional, it will ring until my cell phone voicemail picks up. I would rather it come back to voicemail pro and leave the message.

Avaya 406, VMPro (VMP prompts), SprintPCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back