Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphs in Excell to pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

a021263

Programmer
May 11, 2006
BE
Hi folks,

I want to know how I can automate my (complex) graphs that are in excell to get them in pdf.

Now I've got data generated by SAS in a worksheet in excell and that data is used to create complex graphs on several worksheets. SAS is unable to write this complex graphs as an output, so that's no solution.
Is there a way in SAS to get all the worksheets with (complex graphs) to automatically write in pdf?

I would be very greatfull to get the code also.

Many thanks in advance! You would help me out a lot!

Greetings

Do you mean you want to get SAS to get Excel to create the graphs then export them to PDF? I'm not sure that is possible, however it might be worth looking into the new features in SAS 9.1 as there are some components available to work between Excel and SAS. You could possibly do this the other way around and get Excel to run the SAS code for you (I know that there are new componentsw that allow you to do this, plug-ins for Excel that can connect into SAS) and write some VBA code to handle the export to PDF...

Using native SAS/Base code though, I don't think it's possible. Are you sure that the graphs can't be built in SAS using SAS/Graph? If they could then this would be very easy using SAS/ODS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back