Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphing from multiple worksheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2000
US
I need to have the X axis display data from multiple worksheets. For example the graph will be on sheet1. Monthly data will be on sheet2 and weekly data will be on sheet3.
I want the graph on sheet1 to show monthly data and weekly.

Any help would help a heap
Thanks,
Dave

hmmm....I don't think I explained that correctly.
Sheet2 has monthly data
Sheet3 has weekly data
both are in columns IE col A has the names of the months col B has the numbers
same as Sheet3 but with 7 rows for the dates of a week and in col B, the data for that day.
I'm supposed to have a graph that along the x you would see labled "Jan Feb Mar 04/01 04/02 04/03 04/04 04/05 04/06 04/07" as bars (if we were looking at the first week of april).
Make sense?

So there's no way for the range to be
(Sheet2!$A$1:$B$3,Sheet3!$A$1:$B$7)

I could manualy put them together in the format I need to be able to graph them, but I'm hoping to spit these out of access an into Excel.

I don't know. I didn't try it.

My thinking is that it won't work unless you have ALL of them sorted out into weeks or days...the lowest common denominator.

How can you compare a value for a whole month against a value for one day? Unless you're only using percentages. In which case, pie charts work best. Anne Troy

I agree It doesn't make any sense to see it, but the boss signs my paycheck so I question and then do it.
Thanks for your assistance.

Hip, Solid, Far-out, Right-on!
Dig it Dyno-mite!

Dave

Interesting problem, Dreamboat

dschomburg,

Excel wil not allow you to specify two ranges residing on different sheets for a single series.

You can try the following workaround:

1. Use two series

2. Series 1 is the 'Months' series. Specify the correct ranges from Sheet2. I presume the no. of months is 'm'

3. Series 2 is the 'WeekData' Series. Specify the ranges from Sheet3 with the proviso that the first 'm' rows are blanks - i.e. the actual data for the FIRST weekday begins from m+1 th row of the range.

This will give you the required chart. If this is not very clear and you need a sample workbook for illustration, you can ask for it from mala_rs_singh@rediffmail.com

Hope this helps.
Mala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back