Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcuberia

Programmer
Jan 10, 2000
ES
I have a form with some data: an id of incidency and a create date. During a year I have to get a bar graph showing the percentage of incidencies created in each month. The problem is that I get those percentages with a formula field, and with this type of field is not possible to generate a bar into the graph. Somebody can help me, please?<br>
I'm sorry because my English is not very good... (if somebody can help me and speak Spanish much better!)

I don't know exactly what type of data you have, but if you can create a table which has these columns<br>
Date <br>
12/1/1999 <br>
12/2/1999 <br>
12/3/1999 <br>
<br>
NumOfInc<br>
2<br>
3<br>
5<br>
<br>
then you can create a percentage bar chart by doing this way:<br>
1. Insert¦Chart<br>
2. choose 3D bar chart<br>
3. Closed the Chart Expert Windows (I dont' know why but you have to close it first)<br>
4. Open the Chart Expert Windows again<br>
5. Choose Custom then Chart Editor<br>
6. Change whatever you want, but ensure to change the format of the number on Y axis to 0%<br>
7. Go to Data Tab to add the rest of X axis ....<br>
<br>
PS. X axis is Date column, Y axis is NumOfInc<br>
<br>
I think that is all (just remember what I did on my reports.)<br>
Let me know if you have any problems.<br>
<br>
The percentage bar chart will be a stacked bar which has <br>
20% for 12/1/1999, 30% for 12/2/1999, and 50% for 12/3/1999.<br>

Also interested in graphics. I am using V3.0.1.6. Can I get graphics with this version? If I have to upgrade, will I have a compatibility problem? I received CR with Borland Visual dBase. They have dropped inclusion in their newer releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back