Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdbowling

Programmer
Mar 28, 2003
US
Good day.
I need to develop an application to test the quality of tiff images.

I really don't know where to start so if anyone has a suggestion of some reading materials, I'd really appreciate it.

Looking forward to learning about it.
P

Patrick is a distributor of Republic Magazine ( -free pdf copy downloadable ) and the webmaster of

I need to develop an application to test the quality of tiff images.
this is your goal. now you need to define the objectives: how to measure quality.
If you provide these details then we may be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm not a graphics dev, so I won't be of any help there. I would start with the System.Drawing namespace for the core .net objects.

I would also search for 3rd party .net graphics libraries. both open source and $ to see if someone else already created the utility I need.

If you are looking for a way to automate testing a file for certain characteristics, i would integrate a unit testing framework into the project as well. mbunit, xunit, nunit.

this way I can create a series of tests. if they all pass do X else report errors and stop.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

The Wikipedia page has good basic info but more importantly it has links to various versions of the TIFF spec and other resources.

Regards

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back