Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics card settings / DVD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonre

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
US
Hi all...I have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion desktop PC with a Pioneer DVD player. Back in February, I brought it in for service because the DVD player would not work (error message: Another application is preventing DVD playback). The service tech easily found the problem and fixed it; he said he had to change a setting on the graphics card for the DVD player. It worked fine after that. I haven’t used the DVD in awhile, but now I find I get the very same message as before. That service center is now out of business and HP support is keeping me on hold for an eternity. So, my question: How do I change the graphics card setting? I can’t seem to find this anywhere. Thanks in advance. Jon

What graphics card are you using? Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Go into Start->Settings->Control Panel and in here the display button. You will see a window with a few tabs, go to the one called 'settings' and in the bottom right of the window you will see a button called 'advanced'.
This opens up another window with more tabs!!!!!!!
Go to the one called 'adapter' and change the option at the bottom called 'Refresh Rate' to either 'optimal', or 'adapter standard', depending on which it is set to.
Then go to the tab in the same window called 'performance' and change the hardware acceleration to 'None', or if it is at 'None' set it to 'Full'.
Try these settings and see how you get on... Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

Hi Jay,
It all sounded good until I opened the 'adapter' tab; there is no 'Refresh Rate' option listed in that window. Any other ideas? Thanks! Jon (I tried changing the hardware acceleration and got no results)

What Windows version do you use? Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Hi James....I use Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back