Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graphics are separating using InDesign and Kyocera FS-8500DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annika2

Instructor
Feb 6, 2004
CA
I print a weekly newspaper using InDesign CS5 and a Kyocera FS-8500DN. Before InDesign had the ability to booklet print, I would export the appropriate pages to Adobe, then print them 2 up, flip the pages over, and print the other side. I set up my layout so that one side of the 11x17 page is b/w to conserve click costs.

Lately I can't obtain the crisp resolution that I used to have, and I want to print my grad supplement tonight at the best possible resolution. Somewhere along the line I've changed something in my print setup, but for the life of me I don't know what it is. Any black in my photos or graphics appear to be separating and printing slightly offset, giving everything a slight blur. It's very aggravating, to say the least.

I'm not using a commercial print service, I'm printing on white bond to my Kyocera. This effect persists, whether I export to a pdf or not.

Any ideas?

...sounds like the source of the problem might be at the printer to me...can you verify this by printing from another computer on the network?

...only other thing i can suggest is to carefully verify the print driver settings, both in indesign (or acrobat) print dialog and also the printer driver settings in your system control panel if on windows.

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back