Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graphics and ASP are very slow to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyster4k

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2001
US
I searched for a possible solution with previous questions but couldn't find anything that worked.

I have a Win2K Server running IIS 5. For some reason it serves up .html pages without problem but you have to wait up to a minute to see the graphics on the page. I typed in the direct URL to a picture and it works fine that way, strangely enough. I used to have this problem in the beginning when I loaded this machine, fortunately W2K SP2 fixed it for a while. It was recently working okay until I rebooted it and *poof* it was slower than heck again. I tried restarting the Internet services and even creating exceptions (for asp.dll and the dir) in NetShield anti-virus software with no success. It's also noteworthy that the Outlook Web Access takes -forever- to work now also.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back