Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graphical database

Status
Not open for further replies.

derketa

Programmer
May 13, 2002
TR
Hi

I need to put pdf documents into a database and call them in the run time?Can you give me some starting tips?

Or another way to store the images

Thanks

Hey derketa.

To store images, wave sounds, movies, etc. into a database, you must create a field with the data type OLE Object.

Just out of curiosity: what sort of database-driver are you using?

Thei.

i want to use Access2000 if it is possible.
I think i am trying to do something over my knowledge.Before i start, i wanted to take some advice.

I searched MSDN for OLE DB properties but i couldn't find any clue. But i have a feeling that it will suit me fine:)

Thanks again

When you use an Acces2000 database, you have to create a new table in Design view. In the first field you must enter the fieldname. In the second field you must enter the data type. Chose the OLE Object from the list. Now save your table and exit the Design view. (Chose yes if Access asks you for a primary key)

To add for example an image to the database, double click on the table you just saved. The table is now opened for inserting record into it. Right-click on the OLE Object field and chose Insert Object. Now you can insert almost any object you prefer.

Good luck!

Then:))I want to see this pdf document on the form in the run-time.But i dont want to open Acrobat reader.
I will take it to a picturebox or an imagebox.
Can i do that?
Thank you very much.

You might want to try to load the .pdf file into a RichTextBox-control. (use CTRL-T to browse for this component Microsoft Rich Textbox Control). This control has a method called LoadFile. I donno if this control supports pdf files, but you can give it a try.

Thei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back