Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graphic links 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazel

Technical User
Apr 5, 2000
GB
When I click or move the mouse over a link word I need a  a graphic to appear in a different place on the page and then when the mouse has gone for the graphic to disappear.

Use the onmouseover and onmouseout attributes to do this.&nbsp;&nbsp;In JavaScript, you would then have a function that changes the source of the image you want to change.&nbsp;&nbsp;You could get a little more complex and use style sheets to create a pop-up at almost any position you want it to be.&nbsp;&nbsp;You would use the <FONT FACE=monospace>&lt;span&gt;</font> tag, which is basically a general use tag, to define the area for the image.&nbsp;&nbsp;In the style sheet (used by specifying the <FONT FACE=monospace>style</font> attribute or referencing to a class in <FONT FACE=monospace>&lt;style&gt;</font>) you would give the span tag an initial visibility of hidden (<FONT FACE=monospace>visibility:hide</font>) and when the mouse goes over the link, the link will then activate a JavaScript function that changes that visibility to <FONT FACE=monospace>show</font> (<FONT FACE=monospace>document.spantagname.visibility=show</font>).<br><br>PS&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, be sure to specify the relative or absolute position of the image.&nbsp;&nbsp;For your needs, you may only need to know the absolute position in which you specify something like the following: <FONT FACE=monospace>position: absolute; top: 20px; left: 30px</font>.&nbsp;&nbsp;Notice, you can replace the 20 and 20.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is a lot of information about this so I will redirect you here: <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p>REH<br><a href=mailto:hawkdogg@crosswinds.net>hawkdogg@crosswinds.net</a><br><a href= by Linux</a><br>Learn Linux and Leave out the Windows :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back