Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graphic in Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawsie

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
CA
I have a graphic for print at 300Dpi I want to use it for a flash movie, using the resize wizard in Photoshop I scaled it down to the right size, in Flash it does not look clear or crisp. How can I use my graphic from Photoshop in Flash movie and maintain the crisp and clear look?

Sawsie

(Flash MX 6)

You have to use png or gif. And if you do use png or gif remember that it has to be imported to the library.

I tried loading a png and gif from loadMovie action script and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't load. Just to find out it only loads jpg files.

jpg loose their appearance when resized. png and gif don't loose quality. Thanks
Tricia
yorkeylady@earthlink.net

I tried your suggestions but it did not work. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Sawsie

Wwithout more information I can't help. You have to save it as a png before resizing it. If you could post it on the web as a before and after picture that would be helpful too. Then we could load it into a swf file help you.

There is also a program that help touch up images on macromedia.com.

I wish I could remember the name of it. Something with the word doctor in it. It sounds pretty good.

Try, try again Thanks
Tricia
yorkeylady@earthlink.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back