Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graph and Chart - itemized in details questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamrak

MIS
Jan 18, 2001
US
Graph/Chart Questions

I created a query that gave me all sales items breakdown. Let’s say that I have the sales for January, February and March.

I used two tables, one is the customer and second table is item (part number). Let's say the query gave me the following results:

January : Item 010 ---- Total Sales $50
Item 012 --- Total Sales $150
Item 013 ---- Total Sales $100
(Total for January) = $300

February: Item 111 --- Total Sales $20
Item 102 --- Total Sales $40
Item 013 --- Total Sales $80

(Total for February) = $140

March: Item 010 -- Total Sales $60
Item 102 -- Total Sales $50
Item 111 -- Total Sales $70
Item 013 -- Total Sales $80

(Total for March) = $260

I do not have any problems running a query to provide the above result or creating a report. The value from each item is based on several transactions.

My problem starts when I am trying to create a chart/graph. Questions that I have are:

1. Is it possible to create one report that will generate January, February and March charts based on information provided? We need to have all details in there. To make it short, one report that can generate three graphs.

We will use a horizontal bar graph. The vertical (X) will represent the item number and the horizontal (Y) will represent Total Sales.

If it is possible to create a report based on information provided, what band/group that I need to insert the graph? I tried to put the chart in there but it returned all values (3-months combined.) I must do something wrong.

The worst part is, the parameter query kept popping up several times.

2. I would like to create a summary chart for January, February and March as well, to return the $300, $140 and $260 in total sales at the end of the report as well.

Our objective is to run one report, with a given parameter value. As you see, the items in each month might be the same or different from a previous month.

The report will content:

3 graphs - each month
1 graph - summary

based on parameter query that we specify before running it.

I created the report using report wizard. Thank you.

P.S. I am not mastering in VB. I will be very much appreciated, if you can help me modifying in the report grid or report wizard. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back