Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graohic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavor4real

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
US
hello,
what graphiccard is a good brand and have a good price? Like ranklisting....
thanks a lot if somebody reply

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::: 55-Studio.com :::::::::::

Well I prefer NVida Geforce chipset,
Also ATI is a good card stick with either of these brands and you will be ok.

Your question is far too broard, narrow it down by telling us what price band and main use the graphics card is for.
Games? 2D, 3D graphics, CAD use, twin view?
Do you need specific connections? DVI, Video out, Video in etc.
Given a price bracket and use we can give you 3-4 specific choices.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

There are probably about 50 companies that make video cards.
Gainward makes Nvida and a company I like for ATI is either ATI, Ausus, or Sapphire. The last card I purchased was a Sapphire Radeon 9000.

I would prefer a Sapphire 9200 or an Asus video card.

The 2 most commonly used today are the Nvida FX5200 and the ATI Radeon 9200. They are rated about the same and are used as entry level video cards. ATI seems to be taking the lead in video cards today.

Older cards will work Asus and others sell 8x Nvida MX400 video cards also.

In my PIII/Celeron motherboard I have a GForce 2 GTS-V chip (OEM) (vga only) Visiontek Xstacy video card which is still pretty nice. You cant hardly find these anymore because Visiontek is the only company that made them. However, when new I only paid about $49.00 for it.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

=) ...well, ... i do web - audio - video design. I use a Dazzle Video Capture 150 too. I do CAD to (but not like i used to do).

When i check the graphic cards. i'm a little confused cause i don't really know what is a good one for a good price. $200 is the most i want to spend.

at this time i work on a PIII, Celeron and i tell u i'm so close to the border to smash that thing in the corner but somehow i manage everytime to produce good stuff.

I'm about to get me a cusom build computer.
- P4, 2.6 Ghz, 800 fronts. bus
- Intel 875 or 865P board
- 120 Gb SATA
- 512MB ROM Pc3200 (4 the beginning)
- Firewire

a kinda graphic card what is not that high is what i got on my mind. I do play sometimes Unreal tournament and so, but i will do more audio, graphic and video development on it. Twinview? That sound interessting but i don't know if i should, othwise it would be a good idea to run 2 different monitor (21 and 15) to see how the websites come out.

:::::::::: 55-Studio.com :::::::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back