Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grant users access to network "Repair" Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcelJ

Programmer
Jan 25, 2007
NL
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to grant users access to the network connection "Repair" option without granting them access rights to actually change the configuration of the network connections.

I've looked at the "Network Configuration Operators" group but this level of access is not preferred.

Ideas on how to tweak the access rights in XP Pro SP2 to provide users with the "repair" option are very welcome. (or maybe 3rd party tools to get this done)

Regards,

I am not sure whether the script mentioned here is superseded by anything in SP2.

Winsock.exe and lspfix have become outdated by the use of the "Netsh Winsock Reset" Command in SP2.
See -
WinXP Connectivity Issues
faq779-4625

If any of the three programs mentioned are still usable in SP2 you would still need to run them as an Administrator, either by using the RunAs command or Greg Palmer's special program.

Programs like Autoit and Auto Hotkey mentioned in this thread might offer you some options too?

Using NCPA.CPL to access Local Area Conn. properties
thread779-1344954

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back