Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Granstream HT818 - Mitel MiVB 9.1 SP2 - FAX not busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
This site had Comcast SIP Trunks directly to the MiVB.
We have ported the FAX lines to the SIP trunks to get them off of Windstream - they were charging the site $27,000 (non-contract) per month for a dozen analog lines off an Adtran channel-bank connected to a Cisco router and a 200MB Internet connection. Yes, you read that correctly - $27k per month!

Anyhow, we installed Grandstream HT818's in 3 of their closets and ported the numbers.

I got a call from the customer yesterday that indicated there was an issue with one of the numbers hitting voicemail.... oops, I didn't set the call coverage and call rerouting correctly. I fixed that... now the calls aren't hitting voicemail.

I'm still having an issue that if a port on the GS is in use - showing busy in both the GS and PBX, a second (and 3rd) call still gives ringback

Well.. I found the answer while gathering info to put in this thread...
The COS used for the SIP service had Auto Camp-on enabled at 10 seconds. I blanked it, and it's now working as desired.

Anyhow, rather than dropping this thread; I figured I'd keep it here and hopefully someone (maybe me) can find it useful.

Thanks for reading,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back