Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream WP820 handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
I've got an install that we're adding 2 WP820 handsets to. The system that it's going to is a Mitel 3300/MCD/MiVB running MiVB 8.0.

I've programmed them as Generic SIP and applied "single line" licensing to them.
I can call them both, however, I cannot call from either of them.

The debug trace indicates the call was rejected by the PBX. 404 not found. 1234@192.168.1.2

It looks like I might have to dig into the SIP Device capabilities form... but I'm not entirely sure what to set it for.

We determined the issue - it was caused by setting a secondary sip server in the account configuration. Having this site's secondary controller in there caused the phone to attempt to make the call through both systems at the same time. Since the set wasn't registered to the secondary controller, as it wasn't in resilient fail-over, it was rejected by that secondary controller.

I removed the secondary SIP server from the account and it started working immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back