Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream SIP BYE Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apersons

Programmer
Apr 28, 2016
US
I have attached 2 Grandstream GEX 4108 modules to a Fortivoice Enterprise 2000E T2 system.

During an attempted cutover, i made an inbound test call. I hung up the call after 30 seconds, but according to the call center console, the call remained active for at least 2 and a half minutes. We transferred the call to an extension and when i raised the handset, i heard a solid tone coming from the phone. According to the Fortivoice guys, it is due to the Grandstream GWX not sending the "BYE" message via sip to the Fortivoice in the appropriate time period.

My question to the forum is how to you monitor the disconnect time for the Grandstream. I know where the timer is to detect call disconnection, but i can't find the option for the SIP communication side of it.

You said:
During an attempted cutover, i made an inbound test call.
I hung up the call after 30 seconds, but according to the call center console, the call remained active for at least 2 and a half minutes.

Was the call answered or not???
If the call was answered:
This sounds like there is either No Positive Disconnect Supervision on the Analog CO Line(s) connected to the Grandstream or your Timing is too Long a period.
The Grandstream "Enable Current Disconnect" is set to 100ms by default and that should work.

You also said:
According to the Fortivoice guys, it is due to the Grandstream GWX not sending the "BYE" message via sip to the Fortivoice in the appropriate time period.

The Grandstream will send the "BYE" message when the CO Line is back to idle.
If there isn't any "Positive Disconnect" (or the same feature by a different name) from the CO Line then the Grandstream has nothing to work with.

Speak with the provider of your CO Lines (Outside Lines) and ask them about their Positive Disconnect Timing Interval, I believe that is your trouble.

Read this, it may hold the answer.
I agree with Bilxx it is related to the CO settings, try to use the "disconnect clear" signal on the CO trunk and if not available ask the CO provider to enable that on the trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back