Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream Registration Issues 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard10d

Systems Engineer
Aug 20, 2013
US
I have 8 or so Grandstream ATAs (HT802/HT801) used by customers and myself at remote locations. Some of them stopped staying registered. I figured out it would happen after the PBX rebooted or the internet went down somewhere between the PBX and the ATA. Rebooting the ATA fixed it. I just lived with it for awhile. I just told the ATAs to reboot every night at 5am. About a month ago one customer started having the issue after an upgrade. That made me look at it more. Found the answer:

While the article is not for the HT80X, it was the same issue. I opened a ticket with Grandstream. Showed them all the logs/packet captures. They have created a beta build that addresses the behavior. So far so good for me. Assuming testing goes well I trust Grandstream will make it publicly available. Older versions of the Grandstream software do not seem to have the problem, so don't upgrade your ATA if it does not have the problem. I have no idea if they are only fixing the HT80X devices.

I'll update this when Grandstream says it's official.

@Richard10d - what version did you get up to when this behavior started occuring ? we have the same issue with around 25 of these units in various locations and its getting frustrating becuase people fail to relay that there were power blips , etc at times and then wonder why the few analogs they have don't work... we are at 1.0.53.1 for BOOT and 1.0.53.2 for Core, Prog, Base. Ours are HT802's. Thanks You !

I don't know where the cutoff in version would be, but downgrade wasn't an option based on the release notes. I have one with 1.0.23.5 that works.

They gave me the "release version" of the update yesterday to use and report on before they finally release it. I have attached the HT802 firmware. I have it for 801, 802 and 81X.

This is version 1.0.55.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c11d1754-52c7-4180-af51-c68f34816610&file=ht802fw.bin
To finish off this thread they have finnaly released the firmware officially:

They have sent me many notes for various models having a firmware update go official, today was the HT8XX models. So if you have a different model, they likely fixed those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back