Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream HT81x series - Change VLAN? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundah

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
Is it possible to change the VLAN a Grandstream HT812 or 818 is communicating on? I swear it was possible, but I can't get it to work.

What I mean is, if my switch port is configured with the default VLAN of 100 and a voice VLAN of 110, how do I configure the HT812/818 to communicate on VLAN 110? I see a VLAN configuration field in the Advanced settings but that doesn't appear to be working for me.

I believe that for the HT81x family manual setup (static IP option rather than default DHCP) is required to access the setting and change the VLAN. Check the administration guide to confirm.

Grandstream has decent tech support why don't you call them or email/online support

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Figured out what I was doing wrong. ICMP replies are disabled on the WAN port by default, and I was doing a ping test to the static IP to check connectivity after updating the configuration.

So yes, it's possible to configure these on a static IP on a non-default VLAN. You set the Static IP in the basic settings or via the IVR, and set the VLAN in the Advanced settings.

I also found that by putting the LAN port in bridge mode, I can pass the default VLAN through to the LAN port, similar to a PC passthrough port on a VoIP phone. Might be useful to someone out there.

Have a star for the resolution to this and the thought of others.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back