Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream Hook Flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I have a client with a Grandstream 6108 with GXP1625 sets.

I have searched everywhere and cannot get a simple answer to my question and that is how to do a Hook Flash (Link) on the set.

The carrier allows Call Transfer
Wanting to:
Call comes in, press ? to hook flash, dial the external number, hang up....call is now transferred of site/system which free's up all lines.

Is the Grandstream not capable of such a simple task?
I done reading manuals.
I even read one user guide for that model set for 3 way conference "If the third party does not answer, press FLASH to resume the call without the third party"
Right below it shows every pretty little picture/icon button but not one is stated being a "Flash" button in the descriptions.
[banghead]

Scenario is the client is in a bad internet area so they still use POT's lines.
They transfer calls from their head office to their stores using transfer key then the number, problem is low volume or one way audio and ties up 2 lines for duration of call.
That audio problem I suspect might be some cheap switch as inside calls are garbled or one way too.
The Granstream is alone with that switch and straight to the modem (most likely bridged mode) so there are no PC's or other devices involved.
The modem also feeds the network/router upstairs.
Brand new cables installed just for the IP sets.

So does anybody know what is the exact process to accomplish an off site/system transfer using the carriers transfer option?

Thanks!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I attended a Grandstream training class several years ago and asked one of their higher level techs if the UCM IP Pbx would respond to a Switch Hook Flash from one of the IP Extensions that is connected to the Pbx.

He said no.
Well, he was wrong.

I suspect that he said that since he only works with Grandstream products and none of Grandstream phones (that I am aware of) have a Switch Hook Flash Option.
I guess that since it is an IP/SIP Phone and Flash does not exist in that (VOIP) technology, Grandstream may not q=want to pursue that older option.

So, I used an Aastra (now Mitel) 6757I IP Phone.
Their lesser phones may have the Flash option as well.

It was the only IP/SIP Phone I found that had the "Flash" option that could be programmed on to one of the unused buttons.

O hope this helps you.

Here, have some POT's ports but don't dare use their features, instead lets go even further back and tie up 2 lines like back in the day.

Yes that helps thanks!

It sucks to be my client because to top it off they are in a bad internet area for all carriers so converting them to SIP would be too risky, at least until I resolve the other IP issues they are having.

Cheers

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back