Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream GXW4108 to extend lines over IP from Avaya Partner ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubu

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2016
US
I'm trying to extend phone extensions from our legacy Avaya ACS Partner system via Grandstream GXW4108 to GXW4008 over our IP network. I've been working with Grandstream extensively on this for troubleshooting but I've come to a solid wall. When I plug the ports of the GXW4108 into the extension ports of the Avaya PBX the GXW4108 always sees the lines as busy. This prevents the lines from being used, either in or outbound. During testing I plugged one of our three phones lines directly into the GXW4108 and was able to dial out from the phone extended over the IP network with no problems. It appears that the Avaya is sending some sort of signal that the GXW4108 is interpreting as a busy signal. I know that this is lacking in details but I could go on all day with all of the testing and different setting that I have tried. Has anyone been successful in setting this up or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Try reading this if helps:

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Use 2-conductor line cord from the Partner to the 4108 and ensure the extensions on the Partner do not have their message waiting lights turned on.

curlycord - Thanks for the replying. That PDF was the basis of getting started with my initial configuration and spoke with Grandstream extensively about it. I had Grandstream verify that I had the configuration setup per that document and wasn't missing anything. It appears to be setup correctly as I found that if I bypass the Avaya entirely by plugging a phone line directly into the GXW4108 I don't have any issues.

TouchToneTommy - I think that I have tried it with a 2-conductor line cord but can't be sure. I will give the 2-conductor line cord a shot when I'm back in the office. As fro the message waiting light - I've only been using my phone as a test and keep the messages clear for most of the time, but I will definitely pay attention during a test first thing in the AM.

Thanks again for the replys. I've been banging my head against the wall with this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back