Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

grand totals, groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris35

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
US
I am working on a report that counts fields per each group member, but only want to grand total certain types in the field.

Example: the field is SpclBillCode and it only has 4 possible answers. I need to show how many times two of these answers are ordered per physician and then grand total only the two. But I can't select just for the two I need to count because I also need to grand total all orders with or without a SpclbillCode attached.

Thanks.

You should be able to do this by inserting a running total based on "count" of the field and setting the evaluation of the running total using a formula (x+2) where:

{table.SpclBillCode} = ["condA","condB"]

If you want only the grand total for each group set "reset" as "on change of group". If not, leave as "never" to have the running total for all groups.

Create a formula that evaluates to 1 or 0;

For example:
Code:
if {SpclBillCode} in ["1","2"] then
else
You can then sum this at any group level or at the grand total level

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back