Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

grahics display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilster

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
US
Hello
I have 3 panels,one of which has a number of graphics on it.The others have buttons and textfields on them.
I add them to the container using borderlayout manager.
However the panel with the graphics seems to throw everything off.
The buttons and texts areas etc from the other 2 panels are seemingly copied to other parts of the screen, so for example there is an 'about' button on one of the panels..but u can see another'about' button in the left hand corner of the screen ,although u cant actually click on it.
I've tried refresh but it doesnt work.
Any ideas?
Cheers

I find java tends to perform poorly in terms of painting the screen when you don't have enough RAM. I would recommend at least 256meg if you can get it.

However, before splashing out on more memory, paste your code here and everyone can take a look at it - it could be just a repaint issue.

Maybe you haven't set all sizes of your graphics panel. I recommend setting MinimumSize, MaximumSize and PreferredSize. Otherwise the panel may not "know" it's own size, because your painting on it instead of putting components on.

Hope this help
Christoph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back