Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gradients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganswell

Programmer
Dec 28, 2000
GB
I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I did check out some FAQs but everything was a great deal more technical than was really appropriate.

I have actually spent hours trying to find the answer to what is probably a very simple question but when I go to the help section of both PSP7 and PSP X both arrogantly assume that the help seeker knows what to do!

Anyway - complaining aside... All I wish to accomplish is to create a simple image where the background colour changes gradually from left to right from one colour to the next.

I know that this is called a "gradient" but I'm darned if I know how to access the facility in PSP!!

Please help!!

Jim

Quite simple actually, In PSP X which is the one i have handy right now:

1. From the Toolbar on the left click n the little Bucket Tool
Your mouse should turn into a tiny bucket.

2. On the Materials Pane, click either on the foreground or background color. This should open up a dialog box, once of the tabs reads Gradients. Click there.

3.You can click on the drop down, and you'll get a selection of predefined gradients. you can choose one of those, or if you want you can create your own, by clicking on the Edit button below the drop down.

[red]Skip steps 4-6 through this if you chose one of the predefined gradients.[/red]

4. Clicking on Edit should bring up the Gradient Editor. Click on the New button and give your new gradient a name.

5.I the Gradient section click once on one of the little arrows below the bar. Then click once on the little rectangle next to the bar where it says custom. not the square, but the little rectangle. The Color Chooser should come up. Choose the first of your 2 colors for your gradient.

6. Repeat with the other little arrow, by clicking on it, and then clicking on the rectangle to get the color chooser again. Select your second color and click o.k. When you are done, click on Close. It will tell you your gradient has changed and whether you want to save it. Say yes.

From this point it apples to either the predefined gradients or your new custom gradient.

7. You can select the angle for the gradient, the direction, and the style from there. Once you are done click o.k.

8. Back on your image and with the bucket tool selected, click once on your image, and presto you should have your gradient.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Glad I could help.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back