Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gradient transparent photo edges 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerqueen

Technical User
Feb 26, 2007
US
Does anyone know how to make the edges of a photo a gradient transparency so that I may layer photos in a collage format with the edges blending together? I know I can do it in photoshop but that gets a bit unwieldy so was hoping to avoid it and stay within Corel Draw X3.
Mahalo in advance!!

Photo Paint may provide the answer, open the image,
goto Effects>Creative>Vignette; in dialog box you can choose the shape, and the colour for the vignette, and adjust how great you want the effect to be.

Hope this helps.

The Interactive Transparency tool is also very useful for collages. As this allows you to fade away one edge, or section of an image so it can blend into another. This is my prefeerd tool of choice, and using the tool over itself allows you to fade in two or more directions without making the entire image fade symetrically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back