Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gradient masks / fade in fade out

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofx1728

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
US
I'll try to explain this the best that I can, hopefully someone will be able to understand this. I'm trying to create an effect with a reflection. This is how my layers are set up. Frame rate: 30fps.

Actions: refl_mc.setMask(mask_mc);
Mask
>Text
>Reflection Mask (mask_mc)
>Reflection Text (refl_mc)

Here is what I'm trying to accomplish. I want the text to appear one letter at a time, going from left to right, until entire text is displayed, pause on it for 15 frames,and then fade the entire text off over 15 frames. The reflection is displaying properly, however I can't get the reflection to fade out. Here is my problem. My reflection is set to a tint of a cool blue color. I can't change the alpha for a regular fade or else the tint will disappear.

Currently I have the mask layer with a tween that goes from 1 letter on frame one, to covering all the letters on frame 45. Everything is displayed properly to this point. I can fade the text layer using alpha, but I'm unable to fade the reflection text layer. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

nofx1728

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back